Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Slowly but surely

So thanks to the good ole back, exercise has been non existent for the last couple of weeks.  Tonight I attempted my first workout since running with my sister at the beach.

I wasn't planning to do a whole lot, but didn't expect to be put at a halt at 15 minutes. I walked 3, jogged 2, sprinted 1, repeat, repeat again only with the walking.  I'm not trying to hurt myself so I figured I would call it quits at that.  I came home did some crunches, reverse crunches (back didn't like), and a few chest flys. 

Scott got me thinking a lot last night and I can't ever admit he's 100% right on the phone.  He's not interested at all in running another half marathon, which makes sense.  If you don't find running fun, why put your body thru that?  He asked what my goal was by doing this.  Making comments that he doesn't feel it is necessary if you only want the bragging rights that you did a half marathon.  I don't think I'm articulating his argument well, but I completely understood what he meant and he had me stumped.  I like the idea of having a goal and training for it.  I like feeling like I am doing something with other people.  As for getting the total body fitness and actually shedding pounds, he makes a good point that I need to train for something that is more challenging and a training schedule that works the whole body.

I never knew it possible to love someone so much and hate them that much at the same time, until I met Scott.  Just Kidding!  I gave him a fit for not being supportive.  Threw in a few digs that I think Warrior Dashes are stupid (I don't really, just needed some ammo at the time and it backfired!).  He told me he will be there to cheer me on and I'm 100% certain that if I said, "Come with me on my 9 mile run!", he would :)  At least I hope ...

So Scott Seagull Henderson, if you are reading this, I apologize for giving you 'tude :)  It's only because you irritate me so gosh darn much!  Doesn't he look great in his Warrior Dash attire?

No comments:

Post a Comment