Thursday, April 21, 2011

I'm realizing how sappy my last post was, but I feel it's important to share my wake-up call.  I want to make sure I emphasize that I didn't lose weight for someone else.  I wanted to lose weight because I was holding myself back from experiencing all of the things I wanted to do in college.

 
Moving on ...

 
School is so close to being done I can taste it!  I cannot wait to be able to come home from work and get back into a routine of going to the gym and making dinner.  Tomorrow I'll be at work from 6:30 am - 12:00 pm, then the fun begins!  I plan to come home and go to the gym and run for a half hour, then come home and do Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.  Let me tell you, she means business!  I have done The Shred in the past, but I've never done more than 7 days consecutively.  This time I will be doing the full Shred I will do all 30 days and be able to say that I've done it!  I'm really hoping the results will be noticeable.  I plan to run at least 5 days a week.

 
I think I have things coming together and a clearer focus of what I want to do.  After Easter I plan to visit the grocery store more regularly to plan healthier meals.  I've gotten in a bad habit of going every other Sunday and buying way too much!  My intentions are to cook for the week, but as soon as Monday comes, school gives me a reality check and the food goes untouched.  I didn't realize how this affects my boyfriend but the other night he admitted that when he opens the fridge there's just too much to choose from that he gets frustrated when he can't find what he's looking for.  I agree.  I pack the fridge so full that I forget what's lurking behind the milk.

With Easter on Sunday, I know that there will be temptations.  I want to be able to enjoy the holiday with my family and not feel disappointed with myself if I eat a piece of candy or two. 

Goals for Week 1, April 25 - May 1:
  • Stick to the 30 Day Shred
  • Run at least 5 times this week, aim for 1/2 hour each time
  • Pack lunch meals for the week

No comments:

Post a Comment