Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Day 3

All things considered, still going strong!  I haven't had any headaches, mood swings, or feelings of not being full.  I haven't gone to the gym the last 3 days which is the only negative thing.  Part of me was fine with not going because I was focusing on my diet.  The other side of me feels I'm defeating the whole purpose of a healthier lifestyle if I don't keep my butt in the gym.

Food run-down:

Breakfast:  Instant whole-grain oatmeal, 1/2 C blueberries, 1 T peanut butter, 7 walnut halves, 1 C of milk (with the oatmeal).  I must say, this was really tasty :)  I've had oatmeal like this before but never the instant whole-grain.  Yes, I know I was only supposed to have dairy and grain OR protein and grain, but I had dairy, grain, and 1 T of peanut butter.  Again, the meal serving of protein is 2 T, so I'm considering this 1 T of peanut butter stirred into my oatmeal as the snack serving size.  I'm learning that I can't stress over little things like this, I'm just gonna do it!  At least it's not Panera, Starbucks, or McDonald's breakfast which I was sadly becoming accustomed to.

Lunch:  Sauteed shrimp, peppers, and onions, salsa, avocado, and some extra black beans for a little more protein.  This lunch actually isn't bad, but 3 days in a row and I'm looking forward to a change.

Snack:  1/2 C cottage cheese and 14 peanuts.

Dinner:  ABSOLUTELY YUMMY - If I do say so myself.  I modified the fish in one of the Wave 1 Sonoma recipes using salmon instead of orange roughy.  I've never broiled fish before and I kinda liked how it turned out - crispy on the top, moist in the middle.  The recipe also called for a cilantro jalapeno pesto.  I was a little skeptical at first, but there's lime juice in the recipe which helped to add a little tangy flavor.

For the salmon: brush of Extra Virgin olive oil, kosher salt and pepper to taste.
For the pesto:  cilantro, 2 garlic cloves, 1 jalapeno, lime juice, 1 T olive oil - ground up in the food processor.
I made some wild rice and opted to split the liquid 1/2 water, 1/2 reduced sodium chicken broth.  The main dinner veggie was steamed broccoli.

Scott and I did eat dinner together - we normally do so this isn't really a big change.  Yes, we eat on the couch but our dinner table is currently occupied by his computer.  This arrangement really calls for a shopping trip so I can purchase another piece of furniture :)

Tomorrow is going to be tricky.  My sister and I bought tickets to a P!nk concert months ago.  I'm still contemplating eating in or getting a salad out.  The hard part will be the grain category since finding whole grain is a lot harder than requesting whole wheat.

No comments:

Post a Comment