Monday, March 11, 2013

Sonoma Day 1

So today kicked off the first day of the Sonoma diet.  The day started out with a bang with biometric screenings at the office, requiring a fast the night before.  All in all, not too awful aside from my blood pressure reading 136/87!  Absolutely absurd considering I just went to the doctor the other week and my blood pressure was the usual less than 110/70.  Needless to say, the high number could have been from eating a salty dinner, stress, or dehydration.  Stress and dehydration were quite possible since I hadn't been drinking water and I freaking out about having to have my blood drawn!  My veins are so small the nurse stated that next time I get my blood drawn, I should consider drinking a lot of water.  Good to know!  Sadly I didn't remember this from the last time I had blood work done and the nurse said, "Good luck drawing blood when you're pregnant, your veins will get even smaller!"  Yet another reason to fear the birthing process.

To recap my food for the day, I think I did great!  It's 7:00pm and I'm completely full and satisfied.

For breakfast I had: 1 piece of toasted whole grain Ezekiel bread, 1 T natural peanut butter, and 1/2 cup raspberries.

For lunch I had: Sauteed peppers (red, yellow, orange) and onions in 1 tsp extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil.

For a snack I had:  14 peanuts (yes, 14) and 1 part-skim string cheese.

For dinner I had:  1 small whole wheat tortilla with grilled chicken (lime juice and cilantro), sauteed peppers and onions, black beans (cilantro and garlic added), salsa, spinach, and less than 1 oz of parmesan cheese.

I think the only thing I did wrong was double dipping on the cheese.  When I had my snack, I didn't think that I would be putting cheese on my wrap.  I still need to confirm that only 1 serving of dairy should be consumed in a day.  As far as the parmesan cheese - weird choice, I know.  However, it's what's allowed.

I didn't go for a run today (I did run 3 miles Saturday and 3 miles Sunday).  I think I was being a little extra cautious about working out and eating so little.  Tomorrow I plan to run just 2 miles and see how I feel.  I did stay pretty well hydrated, drinking water and green tea throughout the day.

I should have taken photos to post, but I've never really been good at remembering in the moment.  The plan is to go to bed around 9:30/10 after watching as much of the Biggest Loser as I can.

On a personal note, high five to me for blogging :)

No comments:

Post a Comment