Thursday, July 21, 2011

If only

... the weigh-in was this morning the scale would have read 160.0.  Oh well!  At least I'm getting the number down.

I didn't sleep a wink last night because of my back pain.  When I did close my eyes, I had a nightmare I was in a wheelchair and couldn't get into my apartment because there is no ramp!  Then I started to think about how a ramp could get installed to the door of my apartment.  Talk about an over-achieving worrier!  That's how I feel.

I managed to score a doctor's appointment at 4:15.  I don't have pain sitting or walking, just laying down or trying to switch sleeping positions.  The pain was so bad I even made a heat pack out of a tube sock and uncooked rice.  I microwaved it for 3 minutes like the instructions said but, HOLY HOT!  I had to move so much to adjust the placement of the sock that I caused even more discomfort to myself!  Luckily when I called Scott, crying naturally, he let me know the ice pack was also a hot pack.  Since I had taken the ice pack out of the freezer to use the sleeve it was in for my sock heat pack, it had already thawed and into the microwave it went!

No comments:

Post a Comment