Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I'm Free!!!!

Let me show you how I celebrated ....

Decisions, Decisions
I indulged in a Peanut Butter Cup shake from Cheeburger Cheeburger.  I even got the regular size! *gasp*  Better ice cream than a beer, right?  People say you should never drink alone ...  :)

In all honesty, I needed to celebrate!  I finally finished my A.A. in American Sign Language!  It was a tight squeeze, working full time and being considered a full time night student but, I DID IT!  I understand that I went about things a little backwards, first the B.A. then an A.A.  Hell, maybe I'll try for my GED next?  I kid.

I really hope to stay involved in the Deaf Community and find someone who I can mentor with on the weekends.  I would love to do some part-time interpreting.  A little extra cash?  Yes, please!  I have to stay motivated about this and I have to remind myself that I didn't give up my social life for the last two years for nothing!

Tonight I am opting for an exercise free night.  I know that exercise is a great way to relieve stress but another personal favorite is scratching things off my to-do list.  I don't know, there's nothing better than the sense of accomplishment and a clean apartment!

In other news, we had our first St. Thomas meeting today.  It was nice to see faces of everyone taking this challenge.  We learned some valuable information and watched two YouTube videos about creating goals and motivation.  It's made me want to rethink my goal.  At first I wrote, "weight loss with a focus on heart healthy eating" ... do I dare change it to my silly goal of "to look good in a bathing suit"? The competition ends July 15th, so right around the time my family is going on vacation.  It would be great to have met my full goal at that time, but I want this to be more long time.  I don't want to approach July 15th and call everything off.  I think a lot of my goals are more long term.  When I posed this question at the meeting, it was brought to my attention that my goal needs to be what I want my outcome to be by July 15th.  Is wanting to be down 15 lbs unrealistic?  I mean that's about 2 months from now.  I think that's healthy ... thoughts?

I was thinking just making a simple goal of "to lose weight by exercising and eating healthy".  My behavioral changes will be to exercise at least 5 times a week, incorporate more fruits and vegetables (Farmer's Market this weekend!) in my diet, and ... hmmm ... I can't put my finger on it, but I want something that hits close to home.  I mean, altering my diet and exercising more are great preventive steps against heart attack, especially if it's genetic, but I want my goal to be more personal and that's why I think the bathing suit goal would be good.  However, I will not be doing any before or after photos for public display!  I'm not sure if I'm ready for that :)

Off to clean, goal think, and sleep!

P.S. I only took the stairs today!

No comments:

Post a Comment