Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Surprise!

When I got home from work I was shocked to see a beat-up Honda in my parking lot :)  Why?  Because Scott wasn't supposed to be home and he was!  Thankfully he was home because I'm not sure if I would have worked out!  Seriously.

So we laced up our sneakers and went to the gym.  Actually, neither of us lace our sneakers since we have those bungee cord shoelaces ... rambling.

At the gym I decided to try intervals of walking/jogging/running again.  This time I was hoping for a better outcome than the last time I tried and ended up with major underwear issues.  So I started off by walking at 4.0 mph for 2 minutes, jogging at 5.0 mph for 3 minutes, then running at 7.0 for 2 minutes (I kept a 0.5 incline for the entire time).  I did this until I reached 30 minutes, 4 intervals with an extra 2 minutes of running.  Trust me, the sweat was dripping!  I think I will be incorporating more of these workouts.  I finished and felt like I could keep going!  My knee didn't hurt either :)

Scott has mentioned several times that interval training is what helps you gain speed.  So when I do my longer runs, it's okay to go a little slower because I'm building endurance and I'm able to sprint it out in the end. 

When we got back we did DAY 8 of the 30 Day Shred.  Yes, I skipped yesterday's Shred, but it's still Day 8!

I forgot to mention how my morning weigh-in went.  Last Monday when I had my first weigh-in, well first serious weigh-in since I made my "lose 15 lb goal", I weighed a little heavier than I normally do.  I'm taking it as a sign that if I am going to lose 15 lbs I needed that extra water weight last Monday! All kidding aside, last Monday I weighed 165.1.  This Monday I weighed 163.5.  So about 1.5 lbs lost! Gosh, I hate revealing numbers!  But if I'm serious and want to be honest with myself, I have to. (side note, I definitely calculated in my head that it was 2.5 lbs lost and just realized I was wrong, not as exciting now)

Since I told myself I could have carbs, I'm a little nervous that I won't lose anything.  When I get home tonight I have to take a good look in my fridge and whip up some veggie snacks for work, and see what I have for dinner.  If I want to reach 150 lbs, I can't sabotage myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment