Friday, May 20, 2011

Short and Sweet

Yesterday the exercise bug did not bite me!  I managed to force myself to 20 minutes on the stationary bike and then complete DAY 5 of the 30 Day Shred.

Today I didn't have to go into work until 9:30, so I woke up and went to the gym.  I had every intention to run 40 minutes however, I was sweating so bad I couldn't take it.  I don't think it helped to see the lady next to me wearing long sleeves and pants - she made me even hotter.  I ran for 20 minutes and called it quits.  I was actually a little afraid I might pass out.  When I got off the treadmill I tried to adjust the thermostat in the gym, but it was locked.  When I walked outside I realized how much cooler it was and how a run around the community would have been nicer and probably more productive. 

I did DAY 6 of the 30 Day Shred this morning and again, cried myself through the push-ups.  I even managed to hit my foot on a speaker while jogging in place.  That really hurt! 

Honestly, who likes push-ups?  I can't do anything but a girl push-up and even then I feel I am doing it wrong.  My wrists feel as if they are going to snap!  Maybe I need to try the 100 push-up challenge and work myself into them.  Right now, I just hate them!

If the World doesn't end tomorrow, I plan to do a long run outside.  If it does, nice knowing ya! :)  I think I will be lacing up my sneakers ...

No comments:

Post a Comment