Saturday, May 14, 2011

Lazy Saturday

This morning I did as I promised myself, I went to the Farmer's Market: 

Off of 28 and Monroe St.

This was the first time I had ever gone to one of these events with the intention to buy whatever I wanted.  I was surprised by the amount of flowers and herbs for sale.  Next time I think I might purchase some herbs and then go to Home Depot to buy a pot to plant them in.  I think the smell of the herbs and the bright green would really spruce (pun, ha ha) my kitchen!  I ended up buying a bunch of kale, a gallon size bag full of spinach, two containers full of snow peas, and a loaf of spinach-provolone bread.  $19 spent.  Things I learned about going:

  • Make sure to bring cash
  • Mingle with the people selling their crops
  • Bring recycled bags/totes
  • Getting there an hour after it starts isn't as horrifying as I thought it would be, I thought I had to be there right at 9 am if I wanted a chance at the good stuff

I might have lucked out because the weather was dreary out, but I was able to get the things I wanted and there was a decent size crowd of people doing the same.

Today's workout was the same as Thursday's workout.

I started off running at 5.3 mph at a 1.0 incline for 10 minutes. 
Walked 10 minutes at a 4.3 mph and a 8.0 incline
Ran 10, walked 10, Ran 10, Walked 5, and finished the hour workout off by running the last 5 minutes.

Total distance 4.9 miles, 715 calories, 60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment