Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Loot

Here's all of the yummy things I grabbed at the Farmer's Market yesterday:

Holy Kale!
I made sure to cut up my kale right away for kale chips.  I decided to play around and try out different flavors:

1. Garlic infused olive oil with kosher salt and pepper
2. Garlic infused olive oil with red chili pepper flakes and a little kosher salt
3. Garlic infused olive oil with garlic salt
4. Garlic infused olive oil with parmesan cheese and rosemary

Today has been great so far.  Scott and I went to Dunkin' Donuts for much needed coffee and breakfast followed by a trip to GoodWill to drop off some clothes.  We then split and did our own things for the morning.  I made my way to Bed Bath & Beyond for a salad spinner then headed over to Ulta to get new makeup brushes and spend way too much money on other girly things.  I've been wanting to get a french manicure for awhile and figured today was the day.  I tried out Nails by Sean, which happened to be a nice little salon.  Then I made my way to Whole Foods to stock up on fresh veggies.  I plan to stick to the South Beach diet for the next couple of weeks.  I've finally decided that my refined wellness goal will be to lose 15 lbs by July 15th.  That's about 9 weeks, very achievable if I maintain focus.  I think I might have to ask Scott if I'm allowed to paint "St. Thomas" on one of the walls to remind myself! 

When I got home Scott was on the stationary bike and he motivated me to go to the gym.  The back of my knee has been bothering me so he suggested I try biking instead of running.  Last night I slept with an ice pack and didn't feel any pain when I woke up.  After I biked for 30 minutes (Level 10, 9.03 miles, 250 calories), Scott and I did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.  Consider this my Day 1

No comments:

Post a Comment