Thursday, May 19, 2011

Yesterday I walked into my apartment to what looked like the set from Bubble Boy.  Maintenance is doing construction on our patio and the one above.  Apparently, the damage to our patio was more than just the support from the door frame, there was something wrong with the baseboard/foundation.  So they had to tear up part of our carpet.  My living room was a complete mess!  Even the cable/Internet was unplugged and the outlet was inside of the plastic bubble, blocked off from my reach!  *gasp* 

I had plans to come home and clean, but that idea went out the window.  I did try to pick up my bathroom/bedroom but I felt weird in my apartment with the crew around.  I could have gone to the gym.  I should have gone to the gym.  (ONLY 16 LEFT TO TRAIN FOR THIS 10K)  Instead, I found myself driving to Bed, Bath & Beyond to buy a much needed (riiiiight) duvet and duvet cover.  So I probably spent as much money as I would have calories if I had gone to the gym - trying not to focus on that!  When I got back around 6:30, the crew was gone and I was free to do as I pleased.  So I decided to pick up my room a little more and put together the duvet cover. 

The guilty feelings sank in and the "Jillian, you'll be upset at yourself tomorrow" mantra began to chant in my head.  So I did Day 4 of the 30 Day Shred.  No, I did not cry this time doing push-ups.  So happy I did it.

Tonight, I tutor and then plan to go run at the gym.  Target is 40 minutes with either a 0.5 or 1.0 incline.  Scott tells me that will help to simulate outside running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment