Tuesday, May 17, 2011

White Flag

I almost flew my white flag today, almost.

Before I decided I was starting the South Beach diet, I had made plans to go to lunch with a co-worker today.  Total sabotage on Day 2?  Not quite.  I think I did pretty well!  For breakfast I had grilled chicken breast (weird) and snacked on celery and guacamole.  For lunch my co-worker and I headed to California Pizza Kitchen.  I browsed the menu before we got there and I knew what I wanted before I walked in the door. 

I decided on the half Roasted Vegetable Salad minus the corn.  Everything on the salad is approved in Phase 1 of SB.  I was a little shaky about ordering the Dijon Vinaigrette dressing, but found in my SB book that there was a recipe for the same dressing so I figured it couldn't be that horrible for me.  I added grilled salmon to my salad and topped it off with an unsweetened iced tea.

Then temptation really sank in when we were across from 16 Handles.  I know they serve no sugar added flavors so I was super excited to see which ones they were offering.  The only flavor that was sugar-free was Praline, which was great.  However, I was secretly hoping for Mint!  I was ready to pay for my no-topping frozen yogurt when I realized there were nuts on the toppings bar!  SCORE!  I was able to add some chopped peanuts and almonds to my yogurt.  Absolutely AMAZING :)

When I got back to work I realized I didn't feel stuffed but I was completely satisfied.

Working out tonight made me want to throw up my arms and surrender.  I was just not in the mood.  I started off on the stationary bike for 20 minutes.  I wasn't feeling it.  I then went to the gym and decided I would do jogging/running/walking intervals.  I did 3 min jogging, 3 min running, 3 min walking, 3 min jogging, 3 min running, then 5 min walking.  I wanted to go more but I just couldn't.  Not because I didn't want to but because I had the worst case of underwear riding.  TMI?  I came back to my apartment and finished Day 3 of the 30 Day Shred.   So glad to be done!

Now to shower, clean, and watch Glee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment